Frequently Asked Questions
Training Courses in the UK
1. What training courses do you currently run?
Courses currently available include:
- An Introduction to Cider Making
- Cider Making - Principles and Practice
- Cider Making - Science, Technology and Quality Control
- Commercial Cider and Drinks Production
- HACCP in Practice (CIEH Accredited)
- Introduction to HACCP and its operation
|New courses are added on an ongoing basis - do visit the "What's New" section on this site.
2. Where and when are courses run, how much do they cost and how do I book?
Courses are based at a number of locations in the UK and are run throughout the year. This information, along with costs, is shown on the accompanying course details. Places on courses should be reserved using the Booking Form, available on this site.
Course fees include:
3. Can I get accommodation when I attend a course?
Unless otherwise indicated, most courses will start at 10.00 am on the first day and will finish by 15.30 pm on the last. On other days the programme normally starts at 9.30 am and finishes at 17.00 pm
- Expert tuition and support;
- A set of comprehensive course notes;
- Refreshments and buffet lunch during the course;
- Where applicable, other course materials such as that used or produced in practical work.
A detailed course programme will be sent out to all delegates just prior to each course.
An accommodation list for each venue is available - on request - from Mitchell F&D Limited. Help with booking suitable accommodation can be provided at a small fee.
4. Are you able to provide 'tailor-made' courses for our company or organisation?
Yes - in addition to the above, which can be adapted to meet your own specific requirements, Mitchell F&D Limited is also able to run 'in-house' or 'bespoke' training to companies, groups of businesses or individuals and other organisations.
The following areas are offered from basic to advanced level:
Training courses in the USA
- Food & drink safety and quality
- Hygiene control and food & drink microbiology
- Hazard Analysis and HACCP
- Food & drink quality control
- Quality Assurance
- Most aspects of drinks and cider production: Including product development, processing & manufacture - through to marketing, business management and Quality Assurance.
- Business development and management for entrepreneurs and small food and drink enterprises.